If you’re a new international student with a good academic record, you may be eligible for a scholarship with one of our educational partners. In general, students are selected based on their academic performance in their secondary school studies and their engagement in their school, community and personal development.
We will help you apply for scholarships at the institution that you choose in Canada at the time of application.
In addition, there may be scholarships offered through the Canadian Federal or Provincial government. For more information see;
Learn Live BC – Scholarships & Special Programs
Government of Canada – Canadian International Scholarships Program
The Canadian government also offers international students scholarships that you may be eligible for. You can go to their website, select your country of origin, then review the list of scholarships for which you may be eligible to apply.
For our Mature Students looking for Doctorate Opportunities in Canada
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Designed for students who demonstrate strong leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in health, natural sciences, engineering, humanities, and social sciences;
- Open to Canadian and international doctoral students;
- 500 highly prestigious scholarships available valued at $50,000 per year for three years;
- On par with Rhodes and Fulbright Scholarships, from the UK and US, respectively
For more information visit the Canadian Government website
Study and Work through Internships and Co-op Programs
If you’re looking to gain valuable international work experience while you’re studying in Canada, a co-op or internship program might be right for you!
Many Canadian colleges and universities offer these work placement programs as a means of enhancing the curriculum with real world industry experience. Typically, students spend alternating semesters learning in the classroom and then applying that knowledge through on the job work in their field of study.
Co-op or internship programs are an excellent way to:
- Make supplementary money for each upcoming academic semester;
- Bolster your resume with work experience; and
- Gain invaluable business contacts.
Co-op and Internship Eligibility for International Students
Find out if you’re eligible to work as a co-op student or intern at Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s website and check out all of our education partners with co-op programs!